The same is true for the pronouns hers, ours and yours. If you learned to type on a typewriter, you probably learned to put two spaces after a period.
Best One-of-a-Kind Names for Girls
Related Program:. That's What They Say. Share Tweet Email.
- 100 of the Fastest Cars from the 2000s;
- Americanism Contrasted with Foreignism, Romanism, and Bogus Democracy in the Light of Reason, History, and Scripture; In which Certain Demagogues in Tennessee, ... are Shown Up in Their True Colors.
- Consider the Birds: A Provocative Guide to Birds of the Bible!
- Posts navigation.
- Menopause and Andropause - Sometimes youre the dog - and sometimes youre the tree;
- Your Growing Child.
- One of a Kind (G-Dragon song)?
Anne Curzan. In emails and letters, we address a lot of people who are not dear to us as "dear.
Heads Up! How can you watch your head?
Fuddy duddy! On the other hand, 'one-off' is also used to refer to an event or an opportunity, such as a 'one-off event' or a 'one-off opportunity'. Another word that is commonly used is 'unique'. For a good number of speakers, 'unique' usually means remarkable or very unusual. Have any of the following words or expressions baffled you?
One of a Kind
Let us know by leaving a comment below! After using the word in class, Curzan states that her students had no idea what she was referring to.
The same is true for the pronouns hers, ours and yours. If you learned to type on a typewriter, you probably learned to put two spaces after a period. Related Program:. That's What They Say.
- When Promise Meets Passion (Siren Publishing Classic)!
- The Forward Wall.
- The Story of the Good Little Boy?
- Animated Animals and Other Creatures;
- Greed in Maupassant and Alice Walker.
- Forbidden Love?