Europe in the Looking Glass, By Robert Byron | The Independent
This first session turns to Carlo Collodi's Italian classic about the adventures of the famous little wooden puppet carved by the old carpenter Geppetto out of a special piece of wood. Wednesday 6 June, Session 2 turns to two young-adult books, by a Ukrainian Soviet film director and by one of Sweden's most famous authors abroad and not Astrid Lindgren.
It is a beautiful reflection on childhood experience and what it means to recall it. Secrets in the Fire novel tells the real-life story of Mozambican landmine victim Sofia Alface, and her indomitable spirit. Annika Lindskog is Lecturer in Swedish language.
- Double Cross.
- Account Options.
- Looking Glass - Hurricane Electric (AS).
- Accessibility links!
- The Koala of Death: A Gunn Zoo Mystery (Gunn Zoo Series Book 2).
- Looking Glass Pictures?
Thursday 7 June, 1. This tear-jerker is a bizarre blend of melodrama and adventure novel.
The Heart of Israel is a collection of short fictional stories directed primarily to the pupils of Italian Jewish schools. Their didactic aim is obvious; to make the children's hearts beat not only for Italy, the fatherland, but also for Judaism and for the Jewish people. Skaff combines original and up-to-date research with her knowledge of Polish cinema and Polish political and cultural contexts. This is a pioneering work. Every European power in Africa made motion pictures for its subjects, but no state invested as heavily in these films, and expected as much from them, as the British colony of Southern Rhodesia.
Flickering Shadows is the first book to explore this little-known world of colonial cinema. African cinema in the s originated mainly from Francophone countries. It resembled the art cinema of contemporary Europe and relied on support from the French film industry and the French state.
But since the early s, a new phenomenon has come to dominate the African cinema world: mass-marketed films shot on less expensive video cameras. Sign up to be notified when new Polish and Polish-American Studies titles come out.
Independent culture newsletter
We will only use your email address to notify you of new titles in the subject area s you follow. We will never share your information with third parties.
- The Principal as Assessment Leader.
- Hikaru no Go, Vol. 7: The Young Lions Tournament.
- An Alternative View of The Beatle Legacy (Beatle Musings: An Anthology of Beatle Scholarship Book 3).
- Europe Through the Looking Glass | UCL European Institute - UCL - London's Global University.
- Paying Our High Public Officials: Evaluating the Political Justifications of Top Wages in the Public Sector (Routledge Research in Public Administration and Public Policy).
- Looking Glass.
- AIOTI Signature Event – IoT Through the Looking Glass, 8 October, Brussels (BE).
New Titles Series Subjects Catalogs. Search search. Related Titles.